I have seen this a bunch on Pinterest, so I'm not sure who to give credit to. Let me know if it's you.
I teach Everyday Math, so right now we are working on quadrilaterials, lines, angles, and all that fun stuff. Perfect for pretzels and marshmallows.
What We Did:
2) I made sure they had washed their hands.
3) Then, on the overhead projector, I led them on an exploration of how to make different lines and shapes using the snacks.
4) After each figure, I took my iPhone around the classroom and snapped a shot of one child's work. I then showed it in the projector to all the students so they could check their own work. This motivated the students so much because they all wanted a picture takien of their figures.
5) After we finished, it was snack time!
6) Then at the end of the day, I printed out my pictures and had a ready-to-go bulletin board display!
Have you tried this? Or something similar? Please let me know!